Blackboard Course Management
Manage and deliver course materials online, including: syllabi, assignments, exams, and other learning activities.
- Use the Grade Center to send grades and feedback to students.
- Share dynamic content using tools such as YouTube and NBC Learn.
- Promote student interaction with Discussion Forums, Blogs, and Wikis.
- Ensure the originality of student writing by collecting papers with SafeAssign.
Provide a real-time, virtual classroom environment for your students directly in Blackboard. Sessions can be hosted, recorded, and made available to students right in your Blackboard course.
- Lead web tours and share applications on your computer.
- Hold online office hours or question-and-answer sessions.
- Host guest speakers or student presentations.
- Login to Blackboard with your GW NetID and password. (If you need assistance with these credentials, please contact the GW Division of IT).
- Browse through our Blackboard FAQs to learn the basics. Start with a General Overview and make your way through other engaging topics.
- When logged into Blackboard, check out the "Just in Time" section for timely tips and updates, as well as, the Blackboard Guides section for an extensive list of help documentation.
Instructional Technology Lab (ITL) staff are available to provide one-on-one consultations during open lab hours or by appointment. The ITL also regularly offers face-to-face and online workshops on many Blackboard topics.